I thought the piece was really fun to read. Almost like a little puzzle that's been pieced together for you but its fun all the same. The character herself reminds me of a lonely woman who doesn't really have a lot of or anyone close to her and so every little thing annoys her. I wrote a piece about the person who came to mind as a read the story.
Red hair forced behind elongated ears
with skinny fingers and red nails
reveals piercing green eyes
dash across the room hoping to land on a lad
but only meets Moey the red eyed cat
Her red stained lips separate
not much
only slightly, enough to hint at desperation
Most often she's mean
But that's only when its spring
Seemingly not glancing
but always screening
the never smiling
'ol lady RED.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really enjoyed this. THe woman sounded terribly unappealing to the eye. However, I saw the writer as more of a young adolescent over analyzing the world? Could that not be it too?
ReplyDelete