This piece was very interesting to me.
I found it interesting that the voice of the piece would go in and out of the relationship with the other girl. One of the lines that caught my attention was on the first page, "Did you know when they taught the first chimp to talk, it lied?" The voice makes continuous remarks towards this chimp. I'm not quite sure how it relates to the patient that she talks about. I am also a little confused as to if the voice is a fellow patient or if she works in the facility. When she talks about being in the hospital and being self-conscious in front of the cameras that, "played us to the nurses down the hall in Intensive Care." On top of this the voice continues to give us all of this random information. I think that it is sweet that the voice of the piece is trying to make the patient feel more at ease when it is really the voice who is uncomfortable. When reading the piece i felt sympathy for the patient because it sounds like she does not have any true friends. I did not realize this until i re-read the piece and came across the part where she introduces the voice as the 'Best Friend' and claims that the 'impersonal article is more intimate.' There are many questions that I have on this piece but overall I enjoyed reading it. I enjoyed trying to become the voice and really get into the story.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.