Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Parody of "Objects"

THE SMELL IN MY COUCH

-Foreign, unknown in origin. Fishy, yet strangely does not evoke hunger. Accusations abound. Anchovies from your pizza....Unlikely. The dog? Perhaps. Wooden tiddly winks believe that Sunday is the best day of the week not ending in "Y". Yet my avocado is growing suspicious. Perhaps yellow is the bravest color, and neon is just showing off.

SHOE BOX

It is a circle with corners that don't not bend inside of the outside. Its intellect is dwindling yet its contents amuse me. Jingle bells batman smells, Robin laid an egg. Babies smell funny.... So do old people. Mmmmmm......curious.

MOUTH WASH

-Effervescent liquid cleansing. The purging of gingivitis. O save the queen from the uprising. Revolution is evolution with an "R". The 28 is always late. The bus not the number, that usually comes after 27, except when it doesn't

CALENDER
-Counter of days. The paper hour glass. Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock. An apple ate another animal ain't alliteration. Irony has little to do with metallurgy and more to do with surprise.

GUITAR
-Strung strings ring true the tunes of our generation. Go break a leg but not your neck because you don't want a reason to fret. Good boys do fine always. I suppose thats why they are good. I need a music stand, but only if I can find a place for it to sit. Practice makes perfect, unless you are practicing wrong. Maniac street preachers and sunny disco biscuits make toxic mountain goats very confused.

GERTRUDE STEIN
-Look how easy it is to not not write nonsensical gibberish and pass it off as poetry...

Daniel Uchiyama

3 comments:

  1. I doubt that many people will write responses to "Objects." In your response, I'm not sure whether you're trying to actually convey deeper meaning in each of your objects, or whether you are just following her style and rattling about objects and finding where it takes you. Your last passage seems to convey the latter. Either way, I have to say that it is pretty interesting what you came up with, and I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely enjoyed reading your posting, and was pleased in particular by "mouth wash." I found your train of thought, beginning with effervescent liquid cleansing and ending in musings on late buses and numbers very entertaining and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stream-of-conciousness feel of the poem. The way each image suggests and follows the next one without really being related is interesting and well-done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.