Wednesday, September 23, 2009
The Day Lady died: Frank O'Hara
I was not expecting the ending to be so sudden and spontaneous and inclusive. He doesn't really set you up for the death, well, except in the title but not with the storyline. The subject in the story seems disassociated with society. Like, she never really had a relationship with her banker and only knew her name by over hearing it being said. Her interactions are routine for both her and the people she comes in contact with. Also, the person lady, reminds me of the mother from last weeks reading. How she used to have clout back in the day and expects people to address her the same way even though her time has passed in a sense. She seems a little delusional. I think that her delusion is added by the ending, "and everyone and I stopped breathing" without a grammatical closing. O'Hara, it seems, is asking for us to put our interpretations on the pieces and have our fun with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.