I sat down and began to read "Objects." I read "A Carafe, That is in a Blind Glass " then "Glazed Glitter" then "A Substance In A Cushion." I decided to stop. I realized I wasn't getting anywhere so I asked my girlfriend to read it aloud in order to hear it from a different perspective.
It was amazing. Immediately I figured it out. It all made sense now. When my girlfriend spoke she sounded like she had drank 6 bottles of wine. Unclear sentences, awkward pauses, and even a bit of slurring. I now had the key to the puzzle, I had to get into the same mindset as the text.
Two bottles of wine later I began to reread the text. It was amazing. I still didn't understand what I was reading.
All joking aside I did enjoy reading "Objects." I read it over a period of time because I found myself having to work in order to try and piece it all together. I ended up with a lot more questions than answers.
Now that I think about it there are probably better drugs to be taken before reading Gertrude Stein, anyone have any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I enjoyed how you had your girlfriend read it so you could explore a different POV as well as the humour.
ReplyDelete