Andi
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Dictionary.com
While some might use websites dedicated to inspiring, teaching & guiding writers, I can't help but credit Dictionary/Thesaurus.com as a vital necessity for progressive writers. Either site will lead you to the other, and this massive resource has the unprecedented power to help you stay with the flow while you write, especially since most of our writing today takes place at our computers with online resources. That said, I have a suggestion for my fellow classmates to bookmark these sites at the top of your screen, as this has made my writing life entirely more fun and efficient. There is always that time when you feel compelled to clarify the meaning of a word, and now it's just a click away. And a Thesaurus online? It's never been so satisfying...click! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you 100%. I NEED this resource while writing.
ReplyDelete-Sarah Cook
Andi, you have hihlighted a source that I love and remains an open tab whenever my computer is on!
ReplyDeleteI love words and how you can manipulate them going for the same meaning but it draws a different picture. Words can evoke so much but there is this disconnect often. I regularly speak about this when working with individuals who do clinical psychology. For instance when using the words substance abuse or substnce use you are going to get two totally seperate verbal and nonverbal responses. They are also two different meanings clinically but so many lump them together.
Thanks for sharing this source.
until next time....have a good day.
Lochlan
I also love this site and have it bookmarked for handy use. Another thing that I love about it: it has a translator!
ReplyDelete