Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Listening

My entire life I've been told that I was hard-headed, witty, too smart for my own good and as headstrong as a bull. What can I do with qualities such as these? writing! I never thought that I would be a writer. I've always loved reading and watching people perform, but always had doubts;but, it seems that the universe had other ideas in mind. In one way or another writing or performing has presented itself to me over and again until I had to listen. It made me pay attention to a natural gift. The gift of communication. I'm not sure if I will become famous or make enough money to live comfortably by writing, but what I do know, is that I will never stop writing and giving my gift to the world. Writing, and art in general, should always be present in our world rather we're famous from it or not.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really beautiful statement of purpose. I am struck by the certainty in your words- you remind me that writing and communication are indeed gifts, and that writing and art are a precious gift to the world.

    I also like your recognition of how writing and/or performance has continued to come into your life. So often, opportunities are presented to us again and again and again, yet so few of us are in the mood to ever listen to the message these events are telling us. How great that you make an effort to listen! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.