tti sit With poise
ttRying
to wrIte ttttttt
ttttttttttttttsomeThing so unique and
meanIngfultttt
but iNstead it
tttttttttttGrow restless
tttttti ask Why waste my
ttime wRiting what
tttttttI know is
bullshiTttttttttttt
ttttttttttIn hopes of
Not
tttsoundinG pretentious
tttttttBetrayed
ttttttttttttttUnder my skin
tttttLies the
ttttLogic i
tttttttttttttttttShould be happy
ttttto Have the
ttttttttttttopportunIty in getting a degree
but instead my emoTions waste awaytttttt
ttttit is a Battle of my
ttttemotion Under my logic
tttttwhere my Life is productive
tt tbut my Life feels as a
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttStep in the wrong direction
ttttttttttti go to scHool and do my best
ttttttttttwhile I dream of living
ttttttttttttinsTead of writing
to wrIte ttttttt
ttttttttttttttsomeThing so unique and
meanIngfultttt
but iNstead it
tttttttttttGrow restless
tttttti ask Why waste my
ttime wRiting what
tttttttI know is
bullshiTttttttttttt
ttttttttttIn hopes of
Not
tttsoundinG pretentious
tttttttBetrayed
ttttttttttttttUnder my skin
tttttLies the
ttttLogic i
tttttttttttttttttShould be happy
ttttto Have the
ttttttttttttopportunIty in getting a degree
but instead my emoTions waste awaytttttt
ttttit is a Battle of my
ttttemotion Under my logic
tttttwhere my Life is productive
tt tbut my Life feels as a
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttStep in the wrong direction
ttttttttttti go to scHool and do my best
ttttttttttwhile I dream of living
ttttttttttttinsTead of writing
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt lined up better in the preview. And the white "t's" are supposed to be invisible, I used them to help set up the structure.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering how you liked writing it. I did one too and felt that while it was limiting, it was also creative in a way because I found myself writing in a way I wouldn't normally write. It looks like yours worked out nicely. it tells a complete story. I had trouble with that in mine.
ReplyDeleteBrandon you write humorously and deeply at the same time. Very nice format of the poem.
ReplyDeleteI like that the first word you spell with the poem is writing, and the second is bullshit, as you said "I ask Why waste my
ReplyDeletetime wRiting what
I know is
bullshiT" - it reconfirms your point nicely. I also have to agree with Anna, that your writing is humorous and sounds very genuine, but it is still to be taken seriously.
i like how you captured how we all feel as writers. like, Beth, i also liked how you actuallly used the words writing and bullshit within the poem. it adds to the effect.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed what the poem was about as well as the structure. I first read the writing writing bullshit bullshit...but i really enjoyed the poem. It felt like it started slowly then really picked up meaning and energy at the end.
ReplyDeleteI didn't particularly care for this poem either. Apparently John Cage is famous for making a song that is 4 minutes and 33 seconds of silence. He seems to be apart of those people who try so hard to deviate from the mainstream that they venture into the inane and irrelevent. Your use of the form to mock the poem is clever. Though not everything that is abstract is bad.
ReplyDeleteI don't think this poem necessarily has to be taken as making fun of John Cage's piece. I think it functions as a commentary on the fact that author is tired of trying to write something with meaning and ending up writing complete bullshit.
ReplyDeleteThe line
ReplyDelete"but instead my emoTions waste away"
really struck me, perhaps because I sometimes find the writing process very draining so I really understood it.
- K. De Melo