Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Rain Eating Toast: A response to->The River is Far Behind Us
I really fell in love with this piece. After reading several different shorts and poems, I found myself reading this one over and over and over again. There was something about it. The perfectly placed ( ( ( ( ( ripples of the water, I also invisioned representing her mind lost on PCP. Acting like someone she isn't. The dead fish in his head, it could be many a things. It could be a reference to someone's mind after too many drugs. But my favorite line of the whole piece has to be "rain eating toast at a window." While I can literally see rain pounding down, disinegrating a piece of toast on a window ledge. The way I wish to envision this line. Is the rain as a being, clear/murky, hunched over ripping the toast to shreads in it's mouth. It's eyes fierce and full of hunger, out for blood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.