Monday, November 16, 2009

Tea Party Magazine.

Tea party magazine is a magazine which publishes independent artists, authors, poets, and writers of non-fiction. They are based in Oakland and pride themselves on their diversity, and much of the content centers around ideas or race and racial relations. Additionally a lot of social commentary pieces exist as well. The magazine is published in print all over America and parts of Canada in addition to having content on-line. To be honest I am not a regular reader of the magazine but I heard about them through a friend who told me they were accepting internships. Nevertheless the poems I have read have been very creative, and the idea of a magazine dedicate to this sort of content is refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know, Daniel, thanks for finding such a great local publication. I will definitely add them to my Bookmarks list- I like the social commentary pieces on race and racial relations. I think that is pertinent to modern-day society and particularly Bay Area culture.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.