Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Response to "New Year's Resolution"


It's funny that people put of improving their lives until New Years. New Year's resolutions are just an excuse to continue to refuse to improve oneself, and feel good about it. I have no such plans for this January. In fact, quite the opposite. I intend to take my debauchery to the next level. Not really a New Year's resolution, however, I believe I'll start doing this today, and hopefully by New Year's I will have driven away all my resolution-making friends and family with my increasingly churlish behavior. And rather than waiting for January 1st, I'll renew my dubious resolution each and every morning, no matter how hungover I am.
-Jon Nelson

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for commencing with your loutish behavior now and not putting it off until later! New Year's resolutions have always struck me as asinine. Invariably people will stray from them. January 1st doesn't hold any mystical influence or power to bolster people's resolve; quite the opposite in most cases. Well played!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.