Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Response to River: Ghost Project

My fingers spread wide, calling to different points

           Cold Concrete

Strong and hollow

Like our friendship

    the crisp wind using branches as its dance partner

Sliver of a ghastly moon, smiling

                                 This is
                my
                                  last
              goodbye

5 comments:

  1. "This is My Last Goodbye" makes me think of the song Goodbye by Jeff Buckley, it's really great you should listen to it. I really liked this I felt every line that you wrote. I actually felt like I was the branches dancing with the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciated the Jeff Buckley shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the format gives it the affect of a goodbye as it were being blown away. maybe its just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this posting. I loved the imagery and the surprising comparison of friendship to something strong and hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gave me the inspiration for my FREEDOM piece. I love it and it kind of stabs me at the end, like a good lovecraft. :-) I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.