Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sonnet Infinity- imitation of Sonnet 2 by Berrigan

Dear Jessie, hey, it's 6:45am.
The sun pokes me in the eye
Remember how you said you had different lotions
for all your parts?
Under the eyes, the face, arms and feet.
I'm sensitive.
I have body soap, face soap, and pussy soap.
It's 3:33pm, just off the train. I live in a world full of shit and piss
or rather the world is piss-n-shit.
Say that ten times fast. It's fun.
Dear Jessie, It's 6:45am
Remember how you said you were always better than me?
And how the roles have changed?
So weird that it took eleven years for me to find out
Dear Jessie, you are a bitch.

Boomer Johnson aka Sarah Cook

2 comments:

  1. I like the line: "the sun pokes me in the eye."i t makes the sun seem unfriendly and jarring. It also reminds me of being woken up early in the morning by the sun shining through the blinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The repetition of "Dear Jessie" added a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.