One day while perusing the "Writing Gigs" section of Craigslist I came across Lung Poetry Journal asking for submissions. I checked out the link and was instantly mesmerized by the site's exquisite layout. After clicking on a couple of the pages I learned that Lung Journal was an online journal devoted to modern poetry. I was instantly hooked. The coolest part is when you click on the link to read the actual issue. It opens up to a page that looks like pictures of an actual journal (which makes it really easy to read). Instead of scrolling up and down to read stuff you can see the work as it would be laid out in an actual magazine. Pretty cool.
The other cool thing is the fact that anyone can submit work and it's free to submit. You can email the editor your poem(s) and he reads them all himself (I think the magazine is run by a one-two person staff). So if you like contemporary poetry and pretty websites you should definitely check this one out.
www.lungpoetry.com
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.