Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ana Looses Him

“If there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.”

This quote really stuck out for me. Even though it’s a quote of a quote I loved it.

It seems to make sense to me that just as every person can have a different opinion about life and the world. They can also possess their own interpretation of love. I think often people tend forget that there are so many different variations of love and that each individual has an alternate view. I think Ana in the Tropics is a tragic affair in a way. No one is satisfied in their current relationships. It is as though each persons concept of love started in the same place, but grew into something different. It seems like this is extremely common is life. People come together because of mutual thoughts and feelings. These eventually develop into something different, and the two drift slowly apart. Though it is sad, this is called divorce. I’m curious how you stay on the same page as your partner. How do you keep on living, and properly develop into the same ideology about life. I guess that’s the difference between a failed marriage and a successful one.

2 comments:

  1. I think you posed some very interesting ideas. The quote that you mentioned stuck out for me as well. The nature of different relationships are so different that they can be said to have a different kind of "love". I would argue that this applies to all serious relationships and is not exclusive to marriage. Also, I would say that although Santiago and Ofelia are fighting, their relationship remains strong in spite of the fact that they are changing. I suppose if you have the kind of love that is true, than it is strong enough to last through time. Do you think it was intentional to juxtapose the relationship of Santiago and Ofelia with that of Conchita and Palomo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also appreciate this quote. In a very simple way it points out something very obvious, but also profound. It's an interesting way of saying that everyone is different.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.