Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Revision, Revision, Revision

I face trouble with revision and it is odd to me. I very much like and appreciate constructive criticism and when its for something analytical, by all means I embrace it. However with creative writing it is so much more difficult. It's not that I don't like the suggestions it's just that as the writer I feel like you see it being great as is. Or certain aspects a reader doesn't understand, your convinced in your head that it's perfect. That it's meant to be the way it is for a reason. The relationship between a writer and their piece of work is definately an "It's Complicated" one. I feel like sometimes your not particularly sure what your suppose to do and sometimes you just have to break up with the piece. Other times you can work on it and make it exactly how you wanted. & lastly there are those few that are just right the first time. Those one's are the golden eggs for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Are you referring to writing or boyfriends? (kidding). No I get it. You write it out and put it down on paper, and that's how it came out. You want people to see it as it came out, instead of constantly changing it so it's no longer that original creation that first appeared on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the golden eggs. I think we all do. After all, writers are lazy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.