Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A challenge I have to revision....

is difficult to say. Well, to be honest--I feel like I never really revised something I've written. What I thought was revising was probably just editing. In my next upcoming revising projects, I imagine utilizing the morning paper to widen my story's perspective and get ideas. One thing I like about revising (which some people call editing) is looking over my word choices. I like the idea of letting something I've written rest even for a few years not out of laziness, but just to see how my writing style has grown and with experience, I can offer something else to it. Combining pieces is another idea. With my upcoming revision projects, I will definately have a better idea and more thoughts on what I think about revising.

2 comments:

  1. I think your idea to use the morning paper for ideas is interesting. I so often look at my own life for inspiration, that looking outside myself at interesting moments that involve others sounds helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah, i never thought of revision and editing as two different things....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.