Friday, August 28, 2009

Bright Eyes is awesome

Song- "Landlocked Blues"
Album- I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
...................
...................
And the world’s got me dizzy again
You think after 22 years I’d be used to the spin
And it only feels worse when I stay in one place
So I’m always pacing around or walking away
I keep drinking the ink from my pen
And I’m balancing history books up on my head
But it all boils down to one quotable phrase
If you love something, give it away
.................
.................

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I love Conor Oberst. Though I saw him last year at the Greek Theater and it was very performative and everyone was wearing white suits . . . :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to share this site I got from my CW 301 class. It shows you how to make an interesting deck of cards (Michael McClure's Personal Universe Deck) to help w/ the creative process.

    http://lime-tree.blogspot.com/2007/04/michael-mcclures-personal-universe-deck.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to write a story about what makes songwriters write the songs they write.

    ... and that's an official abuse of the word 'write.'

    - Guillermo (Amadeus)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you qouted bright eyes in your blog. That metaphor about being dizzy while standing in place is golden. good stuff

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.